Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Biennale has come to town!

So scattered within these next few posts will be a little bit of Biennale goodness from Cockatoo Island. Yay for interesting and somewhat relevant procrastination!


First cab off the ranks are these sculptures by Rohan Wealleans. I don't have that much to say about them, because I think you need to see them for themselves to really appreciate all the intricacies in their detailing and embellishment; except, how much do the patterns remind you of tattoos, and of henna tattoos in particular?


And just that little bit creepy and macabre, which both freaks me out (because I never really wanted to experience the inside of a moose like this, even if it's not real), and gets me interested (because it pokes my curiosity about what a moose really looks like from the inside- I'm sure it's not this sanitary).

No comments:

Post a Comment