Monday, April 26, 2010

Daisy Jukebox's Back

Greetings and salutations, and apologies for being awol this past weekend...my bad.

I couldn't help it though, I've been on a big Golden Oldies music kick, and every time I've been on the computer I've had the music going, and I get so distracted bopping and singing along that I forget everything else I'm supposed to do!

One of the songs I'm most addicted to is My Boyfriend's Back by The Angels, though it has been covered zillions of times (I think the original is still the best). It has such fun lyrics and a great foot-tapping/hand-clapping/finger clicking beat that you can't help but sing and dance along! It is one of the songs my mum used to play in the car when I was little, and because I know it so well it is a great song to have in the background when I'm (trying to, or supposed to be) doing work. It inspires me to have more fun and enjoy my work, rather than moaning about approaching due dates- and when I have fun, the work I produce is so much better anyway!

This is a live performance from the 60s- check out the hairstyles! I just wish the quality of the video was better, or that it was in colour so I could see the details of the dresses.



I have a few other Musical Mondays posts up my sleeve, tying into events that are coming up on my calendar (all will be revealed in due time), but hopefully in a few weeks time we'll get to take another trip back to the 60s! or the 70s, or 80s...

1 comment: