Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Productive procrastination, is that an oxymoron?

My newfound love/admiration/incredible sense of inspiration from illustration is starting to get out of hand. It overwhelms me a little to realise that no matter how fast and how greedily I soak up newly discovered illustrators and their work, this is only the tip of a teeny tiny iceberg floating in a colossal world of amazing illustration. And golly gosh, if it doesn't make me want to just throw all uni assignments to the wind and dive right in!

Today, whilst surfing the net in an attempt to clear my mind and allow me to reorganise dissertation related thoughts, I managed to find a site that keeps calling to me...but I must resist! Productive procrastination is still procrastination, and the knowledge that rewarding myself by going crazy after my dissertation is done and dusted is my only consolation. At least then the shopping-when-I-have-no-money style guilt (i.e. being distracted when I have no time) will cease to exist, and the satisfaction of my lustful eyes will be just that little bit sweeter!

Oh silly me, getting carried away and not even telling you what webpage it is. Drumroll please?

20 Inspiration Illustration from Behance: posted by Vikas Ghodke of, and on, AcrisDesign, "a blog dedicated to web designer,web developers,freelancers,bloggers and internet geeks". Behance itself is a network for people in the creative industries, and a platform for "creative portfolios, projects and collaboration"; similar to The Loop, 2threads, and Carbonmade.

I guess the point of this post is to share some of my random finds and to have a reminder for myself of the awesome sites out there: for inspiration and for self-promotion in this case! I really should get back to work now, before I start gushing about the illustrators that Ghodke has found, and get carried away looking at their portfolios...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment