Monday, April 5, 2010

Musical Mondays

YAY it's the first Musical Monday!

Musical Mondays will be all about music that I've fallen in love with, or have gotten inspiration from, for one reason or another.

I've decided the first one shall be dedicated to Kurt Elling, a Chicago based Jazz singer who was introduced to me by a jazz-fiend friend one evening last year.

Perhaps the fire in the fireplace had something to do with this, but when his CD Nightmoves started playing, I was totally transported to another place. I wanted to melt into the ground; his voice was speaking to my soul as if I was the only one in the room. I felt like I'd fallen in love; he made me cry from a happiness that I couldn't even explain. He managed to render me speechless: which as my friends will attest, is no easy feat.

His music makes me want to take flight and soar into the night sky. It is so smooth and rich and beautiful. I love it, and there is nothing more to say.

This is one of my favourite songs (and one of the shortest youtube clips I could find). I hope you enjoy it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment