Monday, April 12, 2010

Do the stomp!

It's Musical Mondays Take 2, are you excited? Today it's all about The Snowdroppers, a Sydney based band that I first heard when I was at the 2nd Sydney Tattoo and Body Expo on the 6th March.

Their style of music isn't something that I would normally listen to, but their live performance was just amazingly electric, and I had to really control myself lest I broke out into dance and embarrassed my friends. They describe their style as a dark and thrillingly nostalgic interpretation and bastardisation of the blues, with their own twist. To me, it sounds a lot more edgy and rocker style than you would imagine blues to be, and I just loved it when Johnny Wishbone (the singer) whipped out his harmonica or his banjo, as it just made the performance that much more exciting! Being at the Tattoo Expo surrounded by so many girls dressed up pin-up style, and having vintage cars all around, The Snowdroppers made the atmosphere lift up even higher: I kind of felt like I was at an underground 50s disco, it was so naughty and invigorating!

Unfortunately their recorded tracks (like on myspace) don't do justice to how fun they are live, but I hope you enjoy them anyway!

Here's the official video for their single Do The Stomp from youtube:

No comments:

Post a Comment