Monday, May 31, 2010

I fell in love today

His name is Ash Grunwald. In the spirit of stress relief I allowed myself to watch Good News Week tonight, and he was the musical clue for the Hooper team (or rather, the performer of the musical clue). He's an Aussie blues and roots musician, and seems to have a fairly big profile in the festival and live music scene.

When he first appeared on the stage he seemed a bit shy, a bit dorky, but heaps cheeky; but man oh man, as soon as he started strumming his lapsteel guitar (yes, I looked that one up), you could see his incredible talent and passion, and he had an amazing way of bringing you into the music and feel what he was feeling as his fingers flew across the strings.

Gushing? I could go on. His singing and ad-libbing of lyrics: "I totally forgot the lyrics", was so personal and yet so open. One of the things that I'm most enjoying in this blog project is discovering new music, and with Ash Grunwald, it was just so amazing to see someone's passion transformed into something so beautiful and enjoyable. It was really inspiring, and reminded me how much I hope to one day be able to reach someone, and evoke this level of emotion with something I've created.

Happy Musical Monday!



Ok so that's not the best quality video. As soon as I can find the Good News Week video I'll post that one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment