Monday, May 3, 2010

Some mood music, perhaps?

Sigh, where does my time go? My poor neglected Jukebox...

I know I said that I wasn't going to revisit my new oldies music playlist this week, but I had it on my Ipod this morning on the train, and I've literally been Daisy (the) Jukebox ever since. I was mouthing the lyrics and bopping my head, clicking my fingers and wiggling in my seat, whilst studiously avoiding eye contact with everyone else. It never ceases to amaze me how much music can affect your mood- after a couple of weeks of stress over my dissertation (which is done and dusted, woohoo!) and stress about having found a new design direction (which left me feeling a bit lost and overwhelmed, and lacking in work to show to my supervisor, oops), it was just a great moment of relief to have a bright cheery song to lift me up.I think it got me happier, smilier and more awake than coffee did...

However, when I went to youtube the video, the 80s came back and hit me in the face full force. I cannot get over how much her makeup freaks me out- but, I will refrain from being mean, and just focus on how upbeat this song is, and how much it perks me up and makes doing work fun!!

Ti presento Katrina and the Waves, with Walking on Sunshine! The original video can't be embedded on here (boo...) so its under the youtube link above, but here is a live version which is just as good aurally.....but possibly even more amusing visually. Oh 80s.

No comments:

Post a Comment