Monday, May 10, 2010

Take me away,

to Bollywood! For today's Musical Monday, I thought I'd introduce you to some Bollywood music. It's not something I normally listen to, but an Indian friend of mine is getting married in a couple of weeks and we've been roped into performing a dance. Asian girls doing a Bollywood dance? Yeap, looks as strange as it sounds.

However, we've all gotten really into the music: it's uplifting and fun and so full of life. Another plus: we've all discovered that dancing really does make you feel better. We laugh like crazy and after every practice I get home feeling ready to tackle more uni work, as it has helped me clear my mind and order my thoughts.

This song is called Dhoom Taana from the movie Om Shanti Om. One thing I would pay attention to is the brilliant colours in the costumes. Recently I've been thinking about colours (as I'm working on and hoping to finalise my colour palette), and fabrics; whilst traditional Indian dress isn't relevant to my collection, it is still interesting to take note of the way colour and embellishment is used, to help me figure out good balance and proportion.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment